This week’s recipe is an ode to innovation, problem-solving, and creativity. It’s a healthy take on an old standard, a new way of breathing life into a flavor profile with timeless allure: Ranch. Instead of sour cream or buttermilk, we use thick, creamy Greek yogurt. Instead of dried herbs, we go fresh: bright pops of color and flavor delivered in the tender leaves of dill, chives, and parsley.
Bring this dip out at your next football snacking extravaganza, and watch it disappear in short order. Pure protein, clean olive oil, vibrant flavor. The perfect way innovation on what is far too often an utterly unhealthy snacking extravaganza. Plus, it’s pretty darn empowering to stake your claim on a ranch dip of your own. The good-for-you is just a bonus.
Snack it up!
By Lily Diamond
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1 tablespoon granulated onion
- 2 cups plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced fresh chives
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- In a mortar and pestle (or a cup plus a muddler or the back of a spoon), crush the granulated garlic and onion until it’s a fine, sandy grind. Add to the yogurt and mix in all remaining ingredients. Serve with crudités, crackers, breads, chips, and any other way you’d serve dip.
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat